Breakfast is the best meal of the day, isn’t it?
As much as I love extended delicious brunches on the weekends, I want a quick and healthy breakfast during a busy work week; even if I wake up late and don’t have a lot of time to prepare something healthy. Kick starting your day with a healthy and nourishing breakfast is the perfect base for feeling good and energised for the day ahead.
How I prepare my version of the Swiss bircher muesli:
- grate 1 apple (granny smith) into your breakfast bowl
- add 3 tablespoons of all natural greek yoghurt (or use coconut yoghurt for a dairy free option)
- add 1-2 tablespoons of whole grain oats and add seeds to your preference (e.g. sunflower, pumpkin, sliced almonds, chia), dried fruits (e.g. currants or raisins)
- alternatively, buy a “bircher muesli mix”
- add a bit honey
- add 3 tablespoons of almond or coconut milk
- add a bit of cinnamon and vanilla sugar
- mix everything and cover the bowl up with plastic wrap, put it in the fridge overnight
When you wake up in the morning you have your delicious bircher muesli already waiting for you. Top it with any fresh fruit you may have. Enjoy!
If you’re interested in a warm breakfast option during the cold winter months, check out my porridge recipe.
Breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dine like a pauper.