A toasted slice of delicious smelling banana bread with a good coffee or chai latte? YES, please. Definitely one of my favourite treats. Quite obvious that I wanted to bake my own banana bread at home.
There are hundreds of banana bread recipes online. I tried a few recipes and adapted them to what works best for me and what I call a healthier version. See below if you wanna give it a try.
- 1/3 cup melted butter (or coconut oil instead)
- 1/2 cup honey (or maple syrup)
- 2 eggs
- 3 medium sizes ripe bananas
- 1/4 coconut milk (or any other milk of your choice)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 3/4 cup wholemeal flour (or your flour of choice)
- Preheat oven to 170°C
- Mix butter and honey in a bowl
- Add and mix eggs, mashed bananas and milk
- Add and mix baking soda, vanilla extract, salt and cinnamon
- Carefully whisk in the flour
- Spoon the mixture into pan
- Sprinkle some more cinnamon on top (if you like)
- Bake in preheated oven for 60 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean
- Take it out of the oven and let it rest in the pan for 10 minutes, turn onto a wire rack for another 20 minutes
The bread tastes the best when toasted and optionally with a little bit of butter.