Waking up feeling uninspired, unmotivated and just a bit crap about yourself.. we have all been there. I have found a few things that make me feel better when I have those days. These are my 5 favourite remedies when I have a crappy day:
- get active and reconnect – there is nothing better than the feeling after a workout. It doesn’t necessarily need to be a workout, just get out of the house and have a walk in nature or wherever you are to get fresh air and let your thoughts flow. Everything that makes your blood rate go up will make a difference to your body and the fresh air will help to clear your mind.
- eat good food – when nothing gets my mood up I like to get me a vitamin bomb from a juice bar or get a fresh and healthy dish to fuel my body with some healthy goodness. The vitamin bomb will give you a much-needed energy boost and healthy fresh food will make you already feel a little bit better about yourself.
- tea & coffee time – I am an addicted coffee and tea lover. I think there is something soothing about preparing an aromatic hot tea or brewing a delicious smelling coffee. Take your time to enjoy it, maybe read something or dream about your next vacation or weekend getaway.
- talk to your favourite human – get in touch with your favourite person. To talk it out with the best friend, partner or family will make you instantly feel just a little bit better. Surround yourself with positive people that make you feel good and that support you no matter what. You don’t need people in your life taking energy from you instead they should give you positive vibes and pushing you forward.
- focus on the positive and be grateful – everyone can find one positive thing or thought in their life, be it the smallest thing. Be grateful for the things and people you have in your life, people that love you and that you love. We tend to rather focus on the negative things or the things we can’t do instead of appreciating what we have achieved and what we are. A journal can help to focus on the positive things and be grateful for it. The journal I use is a great tool to reflect each morning and night about things you are grateful for and about at least one positive thing of the day. It gives a positive start into the day and makes you fall asleep on a good note. I used it over a year now and I love it. This habit really made a difference for me and it literally takes me 5 minutes.
These are my very simple hacks for making a crappy day a little better. Hopefully, they’ll make you feel better too.
Make yourself a priority.